Friday, March 14, 2008

Ten Things About Me

Here's how you play. Once you've been tagged you have to write a blog of ten weird, random things, facts or habits about yourself. At the end, you choose five people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them to be tagged. Don't forget to leave them a comment "You're it!" and tell them to read your blog. You can't tag the person who tagged you. Since you can't tag that person back, let her know when you've posted your blog so she can read your answers.

I was tagged by my older sister, Alyssa. Most of these things won't come as a surprise to anyone but here it goes:

1. I play the violin (duh!) and right now I'm trying to teach my oldest son how to play but it's driving me crazy! He's lost some interest and I'm going bald from pulling out all my hair during practice sessions - which seem to be few and far between these days!
2. I knew pretty much from the first time I met Mike that he would be the one for me. We sat down next to each other at a dress rehearsal dinner and as I was putting my napkin in my lap it was as if God was talking to me. He said "This is the one for you, the one you'll spend your life with." I felt like a lightbulb had gone off and I felt so at peace with this! Of course I didn't tell him that God just told me he was going to marry me! He'd think I was nuts!
3. I stink at painting.
4. I love trying to sew things that are unique. I"m not the greatest but I have fun making them, and making them fast!
5. I wish I had more close friends. I know a lot of people but I wouldn't consider them all to be my close friends.
6. I'd like to think that there are some things that only I can do, or that there are things that only I can do well. But that simply isn't true.
7. I hate talking on the phone to people I don't really know. I have this thing with not being able to find the right words when I actually have to speak. I'm ok with my family and a few friends but anyone else I completely break a sweat. It's silly really.
8. Quilting is something that I would love to do more often I think. It's time consuming but I think there is something so special about pieces of fabric put together for someone else. I would love to be part of an old fashioned quilting bee and hand quilt a project. Crazy, isn't it?
9. I love, love, love to read. Currently my favorite authors are Francine Rivers, Karen Kingsbury, and Stephanie Grace Whitson.
10. I'm excited to be moving back to SD but I"m not looking forward to having to start all over finding a church and friends.

I know this was all terribly exciting to read... so I'm tagging a few others...they may not all have blogs so if they so desire they may post in the reply/comment area. Thanks for playing!

1.Erin Cosby
2.Laura Carter
3.Sylvia
4.???
5.???

2 comments:

sixbehrs said...

So, where in SD are you moving? I'm sure your folks are in heaven knowing they'll have you and your boys closer. I'm sure Alyssa won't complain, either!

Emma's Mom said...

She's moving back to Rapid! YAY!!! :)